Saturday, July 17, 2010

God is the One who does the work

Yesterday I was feeling really hopeless about parenting. I felt like I was spanking Sweet Pea all day and it wasn’t very fun. And I don’t feel like it’s making a difference. I was sharing with Husbandly how I felt like I’m going to mess her up and he said something very profound:

You are not going to mess her up…. and you’re not going to make her awesome. God is the One who does the work.

That was a good kick in the pants. I love having a husband who is able and willing to speak truth to me.

I’ve also been learning a lot about being patient. I need to start asking myself a couple questions before I react in anger or frustration:

1) Why am I mad? Is it because I feel like my rights or my comfort is getting stepped on? Is there some way that Sweet Pea is sinning against me?

2) Am I concerned about Sweet Pea’s spiritual wellbeing or am I concerned about appearances?

3) How can I best teach and instruct in this situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment